Most auto battery charger technology has been around for several years and while it still works, it’s about time for a manufacturer to step up and advance the industry.
If we could have a car battery charger that would meet all our requirements, what would it be like? What technology would it have?
Any battery charger can charge, but very few can remove sulfate from the lead plates while it’s charging. That would be good because it could dramatically extend the life of your battery. Beyond that, it would be great if the automotive battery charger could somehow handle stratified and deeply discharged batteries. There is nothing more frustrating than to have your vehicle battery charger fail to charge your battery because it’s deeply discharged.
New technology would include a complete process that can take a deeply charged battery and bring it up to a full charge and then maintain that charge indefinitely on auto-pilot.
Current chargers have some great features, but most of them are not protected from the elements. New technology chargers should be resistant to moisture and dirt, even if they’re not designed to be waterproof.
It’s about time a manufacturer included a wide-range of accessories with the charger to handle most situations instead of selling the charger on the cheap and then requiring you to pay extra for the accessories.
Don’t you hate battery chargers that don’t tell you what’s going on? There is nothing more frustrating than a charger with an idiot light or an analog gauge that’s hard to understand or is only designed to show you when the battery is fully charged. A new technology charger would provide lots of information about the stage the charger was in and the state of the battery.
These are just a few of the things that would be great to see on a new technology auto battery charger, but I’m sure you can think of a few more.
That being said, we have found a brand new charger from a trusted manufacturer that is breaking new ground with many of the most sought after features. They are obviously listening to their customers. Take a look and see if this is the perfect new technology auto battery charger for you!
CTEK 93-56-864 MUS 4.3 12V Battery Charger
Finally somebody built a car battery charger with all the features you would like to have at a reasonable price. Whether you’re just trying to charge up a dead battery or want a set-and-forget type battery tender, the CTEK 93-56-864 MUS 4.3 has all the capability wrapped up in a lightweight, compact package. With an 8 step, microprocessor-controlled charging process and the capability to actually rejuvenate nearly dead batteries, it’s easy to see where the new technology has improved the capability of this new battery charger. Take a look at some of its unique features.
CTEK 93-56-864 MUS 4.3 12V Battery Charger Features
- Computer-controlled, fully automatic, comprehensive 8-step charging process
- The MUS 4.3 delivers a selectable 0.8 A or 4.3 A to 12 V batteries from 1.2–110 Ah and is suitable for maintenance charging up to 160 Ah.
- Patented desulphation process which removes sulfate build-up from lead-acid battery lead plates
- Unique battery diagnosis function that shows if your battery is even capable of receiving and holding a charge
- Special reconditioning function is able to restore stratified and deeply discharged batteries that other chargers just cannot
- Optimized charging during cold winter days and for AGM batteries thanks to a state-of-the-art maintenance charging mode
- The CTEK MUS 4.3 keeps you in the know about the whole charging process using a comprehensive LED display
- Safety features include non-sparking leads, short-circuit and reverse polarity protection
- Overcharging protection allows you to connect the charger and walk away safe in the knowledge that the CTEK MUS 4.3 will keep your battery charged without overcharging.
- Splash, dust, and water-resistant
- Optional Comfort Indicator Eyelet and Pigtail allows you to use your charger with a variety of battery types
- CTEK includes a Comfort Connect clamp, a Comfort Connect M6 eyelet, and a handy charger storage bag
- 5-year limited warranty from defects in materials or workmanship from the date of purchase
- Compact size
- Informative LEDs
- Very easy to use
- Great value
- Only chargers 12V batteries
- Could use standby mode
- Wires appear to be too thin
- Needs longer cables
Auto Battery Charger Comparison Chart
|Title||CTEK 93-56-864 MUS 4.3 Black 12V Battery Charger||CTEK Multi US 3300 12-Volt Smart Battery Charger||Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger||Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger||NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.5 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer||NOCO Genius G7200 12V/24V 7.2 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer|
|Warranty||5 years||5 year material and workmanship||10 year material and workmanship||5 Year Limited Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Height||1.5 inch||9 inch||11 inch||4 inch||3.4 inch|
|Weight||1 pound||1.8 pound||2.3 pound||2.65 pound||3.5 pound|
|Width||2 inch||4 inch||4 inch||10 inch||11.7 inch|
|Length||6.5 inch||8 inch||11 inch||10.5 inch||13.2 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Jun 11 3:03:54 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this new-technology 12V battery charger? Which carvbattery charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our article! We sincerely hope that we have provided you with valuable information that can help you choose the best new technology auto battery charger!