For more than 66 years, Schumacher Electric Corporation has been making high-quality portable power, Schumacher battery chargers, maintainers, and testers. They are the official supplier of inverters, jump starters, and chargers for NASCAR. Their chargers are the brand of choice for many consumers and are some of the most popular.
When a product is best selling, it is usually because it is also a good product. Buyers have done the research and found that product to be a good buy. You can benefit from their knowledge and research by taking a look at our review of one of the best Schumacher battery chargers; the Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge.
The Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge has 12/8/2 amps for the fastest, safe charging, automatic microprocessor control for monitoring and preventing overcharging, and intuitive electronic push button switches that keep you in control of the process. This best selling charger from the Schumacher has some great features.
- The Schumacher SC-1200A has multiple, precision microprocessor-controlled functions including multi-state charging, maintenance, and testing for safety and longer battery life.
- To match the SC-1200A to the broadest range of batteries, it has a 12 amp fast charge, an 8 amp medium charge, and a 2 amp slow charge.
- You will be able to quickly charge and maintain conventional automotive, deep-cycle, AGM, and gel-cel types with the SC-1200A.
- You can charge up to twice as fast as conventional chargers using the built-in advanced technology in the SC-1200A.
- Using its built-in microprocessor, the SC-1200A switches automatically from continuous charging to Float-Mode Monitoring to maintain your battery when fully charged. Then it switches back when it detects that it has become discharged.
- The SC-1200A has easy-to-use electronic pushbutton control switches that allow you to select different charging modes including charger rates of slow, medium, and fast and battery types of regular, deep-cycle, or AGM.
- You can easily transport or store the SC-1200A anywhere with its sturdy, retractable handle that doubles as a convenient cord wrap for the clamp cables and power cord.
- You will always be in-the-know with this model’s easy-to-read LED indicators which show status at a glance.
- 12-amp mode: The SC-1200A monitors battery condition and adjusts charging rate accordingly to prevent battery overcharging.
- 8-amp mode: This mode has a self-adjusting rate that charges quickly, but is designed for everyday charging needs.
- 2-amp mode: Use this mode to slow charge smaller batteries like those found in motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and lawn tractors.
- 50 amp clamps are included with the SC-1200A for top and side-mounted posts.
- RoHS Compliant
- UL and CUL Certified
- Schumacher provides a 5-year limited warranty on the SC-1200A.
- The SC-1200A weighs in at 2.1 lbs. and measures 4 x 3 x 12 inches.
- Fast charging
- Good value
- Fool-proof design
- Very flexible
- Noisy fan
- Poor instruction manual
- Cheap-construction housing
- No automatic overcharge protection
Click Here To See More Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge Reviews >>>
Brand Comparison Chart
|Title||Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge Battery Charger and Maintainer with 50-Amp Battery Clips||Schumacher SC-600A SpeedCharge High Frequency Battery Charger||Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge 12/8/2 Amp Charger/Maintainer/Starter/Tester||Schumacher SSC-1500A Ship 'n Shore SpeedCharge Charger with included battery clamps||Schumacher SC-10030A SpeedCharge Automatic Charger and Maintainer|
|Feature||Electronic push button select between display mode, charge rate, or battery|
Digital meter helps to display battery charge status and test results
System test helps to diagnose problems with battery and charging system
10-amp fast charge monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate
2-amp slow charge helps charge small batteries or maintains large one for motorcycles, snowmobiles, and lawn tractor batteries
6 amp medium charge monitors battery condition and adjusts charge rate downward to prevent battery damage, for car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, lawn tractor lead acid
4 amp medium charge has self-adjusting charge rate ideal for everyday charging needs and keeping your battery in peak condition
2 amp slow charge for charging small batteries and maintaining large ones, charges motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and lawn tractor batteries
50 amp clamps for top and side-mounted battery posts
|12 Amp fast charge to monitor battery condition and prevent battery damage|
8 Amp medium charge to self-adjust charge rate and keep the battery in peak condition
2 amp slow charge to charge small and maintain large batteries
50 Amp clamps for top and side-mounted battery posts
Electronic push button controls switches for selection of display mode, charge rate or battery type and retractable handle for easy portability and storage
|Digital meter displays battery charge status and test results|
Features retractable handle for easy portability
System test helps diagnose problems
Electronic push-button control switches help select between display mode, charge rate, or battery
Accommodates 12-volt batteries only; Clamps are rated @ 75 Amps
|100 Amp engine start|
2 amp slow and 12<>30 amp charge rates
Charges AGM, deep cycle, gel cell, SLA and standard batteries
Charges 6 and 12V batteries
Includes Tester/Alternator Check
|Warranty||5 year limited warranty||5 year limited warranty||Five-year limited||5 year limited warranty||5 years|
|Height||7.5 inch||11 inch||12 inch||8 inch||5.37 inch|
|Weight||2.98 pound||2.08 pound||2.08 pound||4.83 pound||1 pound|
|Width||10.75 inch||3 inch||3 inch||12 inch||9.8 inch|
|Length||3.34 inch||6 inch||4 inch||4 inch||9 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Sep 4 17:57:54 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Schumacher charger? Which charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this article has provided you with valuable information that will help you choose one of the Schumacher battery chargers that is right for you.