Don’t buy just any 12 V battery charger for your car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, boat, personal watercraft, snowmobile, generator, or golf cart. Make sure you buy a 12 V battery charger that is fully automatic and has integrated desulfation capability.
Why should you buy a 12 V battery charger with desulfation capability?
Sulfation is the enemy of lead acid batteries. Over time, every 12V lead-acid battery suffers from sulfate crystals forming on the plates that if left unchecked will eventually lead to battery failure.
Interested in learning about other popular 12V battery chargers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Automatic Battery Charger: Powerful Hands-Free Bench Charger Beats Maintainers Hands Down
- Charger Maintainer: Best Charging Battery Tending Start Assist Flexibility
- Commercial Battery Charger: Highest Performance 12V Fleet Charger
- 12V Charger: Top Rated Schumacher Manual Bench Charger with Engine Start
- Vehicle Battery Charger: How to Choose a Car Battery Charger
- 12V Car Battery Charger: Battery Jump Starter or Car Battery Charger?
- Battery Desulfator Charger: Top Rated Desulfator Battery Charger
- Best Car Battery Charger: Best 12V Vehicle Charger
- Trickle Charger for Motorcycle: Best Value Motorcycle Charger and Maintainer
- Car Battery Tender: Best New Car Battery Charger Tender
- Auto Battery Chargers: Top 10 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- Battery Charger for Car: Top 7 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- Auto Battery Charger: Best Next Gen Car Battery Charger
Lots of battery chargers claim to disulfate batteries, but most only use a single frequency to remove newly-formed sulfate crystals and don’t have what it takes to bring back a heavily sulfated battery.
What you need is a 12 V car battery charger that uses multi-frequency pulse charging that can remove both old and newly formed battery sulfation and does it in the shortest time possible.
We searched battery charger forums, social media, retail sites, consumer sites, manufacturer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated fully-automatic desulfating battery charger.
Take a look at our choice and see if this very popular 12V charger is the best automatic battery charger for your needs!
BatteryMINDer, a brand of VDC Electronics, offers fully automatic, pulse type, temperature compensated, Desulfating battery chargers that are used in a variety of applications including general aviation, autos, RVs, farm equipment, motorcycles, boats, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, emergency generators, and more. The BatteryMINDer 128CEC1 12V 2/4/8 AMP Battery Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator is an excellent example of a feature-laden 12 V battery charger that is versatile enough to be used with All Sealed/Wet (filler cap), maintenance-free, AGM, Gel cel, deep cycle, RV, Marine, PLT, and Odyssey brand lead-acid batteries. It features integrated battery diagnosis capability that can predict failing batteries before they die. It has robust desulfating capability that can safely restore batteries using high-frequency electronic pulses over a range of frequencies. Unlike more limited pulse charger offerings, this model can dissolve both old and newly formed battery sulfation. All BatteryMINDer battery chargers are regulated and will not overcharge no matter what amperage you select. Its temperature-compensation capability means no overcharging or undercharging between temperature extremes and is considered safe to charge or maintain by major battery manufacturers.
12 V Battery Charger: Features
- 12V, fully automatic, 2/4/8 Amp battery charger/maintainer/desulfator
- Safely restores old and newly sulfated batteries by using multi-frequency electronic pulses to dissolve sulfate crystals
- User-selectable settings for all sealed/wet (filler cap), maintenance-free, AGM, Gel, deep cycle, RV, marine, PLT, and Odyssey brand lead-acid batteries
- Ambient temperature compensation uses a built-in temperature sensor to automatically adjust charge rate to ensure full-charge between temperature extremes considered safe to charge or maintain by major battery manufacturers
- Maintains up to eight batteries at a time when connected in parallel and using Y-connectors 210AY (sold separately)
- Designed for use on the batteries in cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, boat, RVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, generators, golf carts, and much more
- Diagnosis capability can predict failing batteries before they die
- Odyssey-approved battery charger
- BatteryMINDer battery chargers will not overcharge no matter which amperage you select
- Easy push-button selection for all battery types and charge rates
- Safety features include protection against short circuit, sparking, reverse polarity, thermal runaway
- Automatic DC disconnect on AC failure
- Quick connect/disconnect fused alligator clip assembly
- 90-240VAC, 47-63Hz input allows for worldwide use
- Certified by the FCC, California Energy Commission, and EPA
Selecting the Correct Amperage
- If you know your battery is charged and in good condition, use the 2-Amp setting
- If you are charging a large deep cycle battery or more than one battery, use the 4-Amp setting
- The Wet/AGM/Seal selection is the most used
- Use the Odyssey selection all Odyssey batteries at the 8-amp setting
BatteryMINDer 7-Stage Charging Process
- Analyze: Test/Qualify the batter and accept or reject it for charging
- Desulfate: Being removal by dissolving harmful sulfate
- Soft Start: Applies low current if battery tests low
- Bulk: Provides maximum output to charge to 85%
- Absorption: Provides low current to complete charge to 100%
- Test: Determine if the battery needs further desulfation
- Maintenance: Maintains temperature-compensated full charge
- 1 – 6-foot AC power cord
- 1 – 6-foot DC cord with quick connector (SAE)
- 1 – Auto-Temp Compensation Sensor (Installed)
- 1 – Insulated battery clip cord set with quick connector and 15A replaceable fuse
- 1 – Ring terminal cord set with quick connector and 15A replaceable fuse
- Easy to operate
- High-quality materials and construction
- Desulfation function is excellent
- Versatile charger
- None noted
12 V Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this popular desulfating charger? Which 12V battery charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
The right 12 V Battery Charger is a smart charger that can both charge and maintain your 12V battery automatically. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right 12 V battery charger for your needs!