A portable 24V battery charger is designed to charge the batteries typically found in commercial, industrial, and military vehicles, but can charge the battery source for most 24V systems wherever their found. The big question is, what battery type do you have that needs a 24V battery charger?
Most 24V battery chargers can charge conventional lead acid batteries. When your need turns to AGM, Gel Cell, Spiral Wound, Deep Cycle, and Marine batteries, you need to be careful about which 24V battery charger you choose.
What else do you need to be concerned with when choosing a 24V battery charger?
Do you only need to charge 24V batteries? There are plenty of 12V battery systems around. If you think you might also need to charge 12V batteries, you should choose a model that can also act as a car battery charger.
Interested in seeing other 24V battery charger solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
Plenty of 12V battery chargers use microprocessors to control their charging programs, but fewer 24V models have converted to using integrated computers. An integrated microprocessor supports fully automatic operation which means you can leave your 24 volt battery charger connected to the battery unattended without damage to the battery, electrical system, or charger. Microprocessors are also able to control more complicated multi-phase charging programs that can even recondition distressed batteries.
Which amperage 24V battery chargers you choose is related to the capacity of the battery you will be charging and how fast you need it to be recharged. If you’re not concerned with how fast the battery charges, then a lower amp charging rate 24 volt charger is acceptable. If you need to charge your battery faster, you should choose a higher amperage 24 v battery charger.
Fully Automatic Charging
If the battery you’re charging sees only seasonal or infrequent use, you need a fully automatic charger that can keep the battery charged throughout the down period. Not every battery charger is capable of unattended charging. You want one that can be connected safely to your battery indefinitely without damaging your 24V battery charger, your battery, or your electrical system.
We searched battery forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer reviews sites to find the highest rated 24V battery charger.
Take a look at this model from Clore Automotive and see if it’s the best battery charger for your needs!
Clore Automotive is known for its best in class products in the automotive aftermarket that deliver exceptional performance and value. Their Clore Automotive PL2410 SOLAR Pro-Logix 12/24 V 10A Battery Charger is a great example of a smart charger that features an integrated microprocessor, the ability to charge a wide variety of 24-volt and 12-volt lead-acid batteries, and fully-automatic, unattended operation. With multiple charge rates, an advanced multi-phase charging process, and the ability to recondition distressed batteries, this 24V battery charger is the complete battery charging solution for your batteries. Using its Soft Start Mode and Recondition Mode, this model can charge severely depleted batteries and rejuvenate distressed batteries.
24V Battery Charger: Features
- 12V/24V microprocessor-controlled, fully automatic battery charger
- Capable of charging either 12V or 24V batteries at selectable 2A, 6A, or 10A charging rates
- Advanced 7-phase multi-phase charging process is capable of meeting the charging needs of a variety of lead acid batteries including conventional, maintenance-free, flooded, AGM, Gel Cell, spiral wound, deep cycle, and marine
- Display provides detailed status feedback during charging
- Soft start mode delivers the right charging profile for severely depleted batteries
- Recondition Mode rejuvenates distressed batteries
- Enhanced Maintenance Mode is ideal for long term storage of your 24V batteries
- Safety features include Reverse Polarity Protection and Battery Fault Detection
- Integrated temperature compensation delivers the right charging voltage regardless of temperature
- 6-foot, 12 AWG output cable
- Lightweight at only 4.7 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Rugged, heavy-duty construction and materials
- Reconditions sulfated batteries
- Handles a wide variety of battery types
- Fully automatic operation
- Poor instruction manual
- Power cord is stiff in cold weather
- Switches are not convenient to use with gloves on
24V Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this 24-volt battery charger? Which 24V battery charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
If you’re considering a 24V battery charger, make sure it can handle the type of lead-acid batteries you need to charge. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best 24V battery charger for your needs!