Not all vehicles have 12 volt batteries and few are Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries. Many boats and trucks have a 24 volt AGM units and so need a 24 volt AGM battery charger. 24 volts demand more from chargers than 12 volts in that they require more power during charging, have to handle more current, and need to have more safety features.
You could go out and buy a simple, cheap, “no brains”, 24 volt AGM battery charger to save money, but you would be selling yourself short in a number of areas. Smart chargers have many advantages including fully automatic operation, battery reconditioning, many built-in safety features, and the ability to actually increase 24-volt battery life.
One, in particular, is known for its “smart” technology, powerful charging capability, and safety features. The NOCO Genius G7200 is one of the most popular chargers and has the added capability to charge 12-volt batteries when you need to.
Take a look and see if this is the right 24 volt AGM battery charger for you!
NOCO Genius G7200 12V/24V 7.2 Amp Smart AGM Battery Charger and Maintainer
The NOCO Genius G7200 is a powerful, fully-automatic, 12-step 24-volt battery charger and maintainer with the added capability to charge 12 volts. With its maintenance charging and battery recovery capabilities, the G7200 is more than just an AGM charger. When charging a 24-volt battery, you need to be focused on safety and the G7200 has great safety features including overcharge- and short-circuit protection to name just two of several. Look at all of the G7200’s great features.
AGM Battery Charger: Features
- 7.2 amps of charging power
- Fully-automatic charging and maintenance
- Built-in VosFX smart microprocessor can alter the charging process based on organic feedback from the battery for longer battery life and safer charging
- Lighter and more compact thanks to unique switch-mode design
- 12-step charging and maintenance process
- Performs both 24 volt and 12 volt charging and maintenance
- Capable of handling 12 and 24 volt wet, gel, MF, and AGM with capacities from 14-230Ah
- Pulse mode for restoration and desulfation
- Specialized charging modes for recovering severely drained batteries
- Great for motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, cars, trucks, boats, RVs and other vehicles
- Actually increases your battery’s life
- Cold/AGM mode optimized for cold weather charging ability below 32 degrees F
- Handles variable A/C voltages
- Built-in 13.6 volt supply mode to power other DC powered devices
- Snap-lock latch, interchangeable plug-n-play connectors
- Rugged polymer enclosure is designed for the harshest and most demanding work environments
- Strain relief ends on cable leads
- Short-circuit protection
- Reverse-polarity warning
- Over-heat, over-charge, and over-current warnings
- ETL approved in US and Canada and RoHS compliant
- Durable, quality construction
- 12-step, smart-charging process
- Versatility of 12 and 24 volts
- Set and forget
- Manual difficult to read
- Lightweight alligator clamps
- No voltage reading
AGM Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of the NOCO Genius G7200? Which charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for reading! I sincerely hope this article has provided valuable information you can use when selecting your AGM battery charger!