Compact battery jump starters powered by Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are some of the hottest new automotive products. Schumacher’s new battery booster pack is one of the latest entries in the competition to jump-start your car batteries.
Interested in learning about other very popular battery booster packs? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Jump Starter with Air Compressor: Powerful Combination Emergency Tool
- Power Pack Jump Starter: Popular Lithium Jump Starter Power Bank Saves Day
- Auto Battery Jump Starter: Powerful New Beast Battery Booster
- Portable Car Battery Jumper: New Powerful Battery Booster Has Integrated Air Compressor
- Jump Starter Pack: Top Rated Heavy Duty Lithium Car Jump Starter Power Bank
- Emergency Jump Starter: Best New Heavy-Duty Lithium Battery Booster
- Booster Pack: Powerful New Compact Lithium Jump Starter Brings 7.0L Engine to Life
- Battery Jump Start: Enjoy Safe Fast Easy Portable Battery Booster Technology Today
- Portable Battery Jump Starter: Top Rated New DBPOWER Battery Booster Lineup
- Compact Jump Starter: New Powerful Compact Battery Booster
- Car Battery Jumper: Top 5 Highest Rated New Lithium Battery Jump Starters
- Back To College Safety: Top Emergency Car Accessory
- Car Starter: Top 7 Compact Battery Jump Starters
- Jumpstarter: Best Portable Jump Starter Power Supply
- Car Battery Jump Starter: Best Compact Battery Booster
What is a compact battery booster pack, compact battery jump starter, or car jump starter? Think of them as very small all-in-one jumper cables with a built-in donor car battery used to jump-start your dead car battery, automotive battery, truck battery, motorcycle battery, or powersports 12V battery. Normally to jump-start a car you would need either jumper cables and a donor car with a good battery or you would need a lead-acid battery jump starter.
Lead-acid battery car jump starters have been around for years and they are still popular, but they have drawbacks. First, they are very heavy. Since they are really just lead-acid batteries in a box, they carry the same weight as a typical lead-acid battery of the same size.
They are also fairly large and bulky. That creates two problems. You have to carry a battery jumper with you for it to be useful and that means you have to have somewhere in your vehicle to store it. There are not a lot of handy places in most vehicles to store a traditional battery booster pack.
Large and heavy battery boosters are more difficult to use under the hood. You have to leave them connected to the battery under your hood while you start your car. It can be difficult to balance a traditional portable jump starter somewhere under your hood where it won’t fall and create other problems when you try to start your car.
That’s where compact battery booster packs come in. They are based on new lithium-ion technology and are amazingly small and light which makes them easy to store in your vehicle and easy to use under the hood. Typically they come in their own accessory case that can fit in a glove box, door pocket, or seat pocket. Under the hood, it’s easier to find a secure location to place them while you start your car. Most even have a built-in flashlight to make the process easier in low-light situations and provide portable power using a power pack for your mobile devices or 12V DC devices.
Lithium-Ion technology provides longer life, more charge cycles, and safer operation than traditional lead-acid models. There is no doubt that it is the wave of the future when it comes to jump starters.
This article is about a new lithium-ion compact battery booster pack made by one of the leaders in the jump starter industry, Schumacher. Schumacher battery chargers are also some of the best in the industry.
Take a look at this model and see if it has the features you need.
Schumacher, a very popular manufacturer of high-quality battery jump starters, has just introduced their new Red Fuel line of lithium ion “fuel packs” that includes the Schumacher SL1 Ref Fuel Battery Jump Starter which packages a very capable jump starter, a USB port for mobile device charging, and a 12V power port to provide backup power for 12V DC devices. Take a look at its main features.
Battery Booster Pack: Features
- Lithium-Ion battery jump starter capable of starting power sports vehicles, motorcycles, and 4-6 cylinder vehicles
- Small enough to fit in a backpack, glove box, door pocket, or seatback pocket
- Built-in 2A USB port with 2X faster charging for USB devices like smartphones, mp3 players, and tablets
- 12V DC power port adapter for charging 12V DC devices when traveling
- Ultra-bright LED light can be used as a work light or can flash as a hazard signal up to 120 hours
- Scrolling display provides step-by-step instructions to properly jump start your battery
- Protection against sparking, over-current, short-circuit, overload, overvoltage, and overcharge
- TSA checkpoint-friendly
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Clamp adapter
- 1 – USB to micro adapter
- 1 – 12V DC accessory adapter
- 1 – 12V DC port adapter
- 1 – Wall charger
- 1 – Case for accessories
- Easy and safe to use
- Nice features
- Lightweight and easy to store
- 12V power port is a great feature
- Not as powerful as some
- Poor quality clamps
Battery Booster Pack
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this lightweight jump starter? Which battery jump starter are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our CarBatteryChargersCentral.com article! We sincerely hope that it has provided valuable information to help you choose the best battery booster pack for your needs!