Do you need a battery desulfator charger? All lead-acid batteries will eventually develop sulfation, a condition where the battery’s plates become coated with lead sulfate. It is most problematic for batteries that aren’t maintained near full charge. The right battery desulfator charger can reverse the process to some degree prolonging the life of your battery.
Since sulfation is the most common cause of early battery failure, it makes sense to use a battery desulfator charger that can retard the process and allow your battery to accept a full charge longer less degradation.
Interested in seeing other 12V battery chargers with desulfation capability? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Best Car Battery Charger: Best 12V Vehicle Charger
- Trickle Charger for Motorcycle: Best Value Motorcycle Charger and Maintainer
- Car Battery Tender: Best New Car Battery Charger Tender
- Auto Battery Chargers: Top 10 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- Battery Charger for Car: Top 7 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- How to Charge a 12V Battery: Important Battery Tender Maintenance
- Waterproof Battery Charger: Top Rated 12V Battery Charger Maintainer
- Battery Maintainer: Powerful High-Tech Battery Tender Charger
- Auto Battery Charger: Best Next Gen Car Battery Charger
- Motorcycle Battery Charger: Top 5 Best Selling Battery Chargers
Different battery desulfator chargers use various methods to remove harmful sulfation from plates. The method used by BatteryMINDer battery desulfator chargers is patented and truly unique. They use a range of high frequencies that safely dissolves both old and new sulfation without generating excess damaging heat or creating a loss of electrolyte.
We searched battery forums, manufacturer sites, social media, consumer sites, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated battery desulfator charger.
Take a look at our choice and see if it’s the best battery charger for your needs!
If you’re looking for a capable, smart battery desulfator charger, the BatteryMINDer 1510 Desulfator Battery Charger is a very popular choice. It features 1.5A of charging power, Plug-n-Run SmarTECHnology, and fulltime automatic desulfation that can extend the life of your battery up to 4X. In addition to charging, it’s also capable of maintaining or recovering 12V flooded, sealed, maintenance-free, starter, deep-cycle, Optima brand sealed AGM, and marine batteries. You will appreciate its integrated safety features that include protection against reverse polarity, short circuit, and overtemperature. Its built-in automatic high-low temperature compensator delivers the right battery charge despite extreme temperature conditions.
Battery Desulfator Charger: Features
- 1.5A, 12V battery charger, tender, and desulfator in one with SmarTECHnology Plug-n-Run functionality
- Fulltime automatic high frequency pulse desulfator (not high voltage) can extend battery life up to 4X
- Worldwide capable supporting 100/240 VAC and 50/60Hz input
- FCC compliant, California Energy Commission certified to meet current efficiency standards, and Energy Star rated
- Capable of maintaining up to four 12V batteries simultaneously when connected in parallel using SmarTECHnology Y-Connectors (sold separately)
- An automatic high-low temperature compensator allows the 1510 to operate from -4 to +122 degrees F without overcharging or undercharging
Safety features include protection against reverse polarity, short circuit, and overtemperature
- Long 12-foot power cord gives you the flexibility to plug-in where you need to
- Dimensions are a compact 3.9L x 2.55W x 1.18H inches
- 10-Year limited warranty
- 1 –RTA-2415 Ring Terminal Assembly with Quick Connector
- 1 – Set BC-AA heavy-duty insulated battery clips
- 1 – Ambient temperature sensor (installed)
- 1 – Optional permanent mounting tab
- Desulfating function keeps batteries working at full capability
- Flexible to use in many applications
- Compact and lightweight
- Simple to use and understand
- Clips are cheaply made
Battery Desulfator Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this desulfator charger? Which 12V battery charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A battery desulfator charger doesn’t just charge and maintain your battery, it also breaks down harmful sulfates that build-up on plates and damage your battery. The right charger desulfator can prolong your battery’s life by 2X to 3X or more. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right battery desulfator charger for your needs!