You have a classic car, a classic motorcycle, a jet ski, a boat, an RV, an ATV or other vehicle with a 12 volt battery that you’re planning to store for the winter and you’re wondering how you’re going to keep it conditioned and ready to go in the Spring when you are ready to go again. That’s where the Battery Tender Plus comes in. You want to plug in, set, and forget your charger and not have to babysit it all winter long. Again, that’s what a BT Plus does for you.
If you’re looking for the best car or other vehicle charger/tender for 2014, you’ve come to the right place. This article takes a look at what we consider to be the best of the best; the Battery Tender Plus by Deltran.
All charger/tenders are definitely not “created equal.” Some have more power, some do a better job of conditioning and maintaining your battery, and still others are reliable enough to leave hooked up all winter long without manual monitoring. The Battery Tender Plus 021-0128 12-volt battery charger/maintainer by Deltran brings all of these great attributes together in one compact and portable package. BT Plus features advanced technology designed specifically for today’s sealed lead-acid batteries. Microprocessor-controlled with a four-stage charging process, the BT Plus will charge and maintain your vehicle’s battery without overcharging and without constant monitoring. Take a look at its long list of features.
- You won’t find more advanced technology than the microprocessor built-in to every BT Plus charger/maintainer. It controls an automatic 4-step charging program that maintains vehicle batteries at full charge without overcharging or damaging them.
- The Plus’ complete charging program included Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, and Float Mode.
- Your vehicle will be ready to go when you are thanks to advanced technology that can actually extend your battery’s life up to 3 times!
- This tender’s Float Mode detects when your battery’s voltage drops too low and resumes full charger output power until it is back within operating specs, automatically.
- This model is the tender of choice for charging and maintaining Bradley Fighting Vehicles and HUMMV’s fighting the good fight for America around the world.
- Trusted by the U.S. Military and used by millions of satisfied customers in home and service centers worldwide, the Battery Tender Plus should be your first choice when it comes to tenders.
- Did you know that temperature changes can affect the output voltage and conditioning of some chargers? You don’t have to worry about temperature changes with a temperature-compensated charger like the Battery Tender Plus.
- You will appreciate that the BT Plus is both a charger and a maintainer. It protects your battery by keeping it from discharging during periods when it is not being used and promotes long battery life by conditioning the plates and preventing sulphation.
Battery Tender Plus Video
Convenience and Ease-of-Use
- With the BT Plus you will have the flexibility to charge any lead-acid, flooded, or sealed maintenance-free battery including standard and sealed AGM and Gel Cell types
- It doesn’t get any easier or more convenient that the BT Plus. With 1.25 amps of charging power, it will safely and reliably charge and maintain your vehicle’s battery without constant monitoring.
- Connect and forget. This charger will charge and maintain your battery automatically without overcharging.
- You will be in the know with the BT Plus’ solid state, two-color LEDs that keep you informed of charging state at all times.
- You don’t have to worry about overcharging with the BT Plus. When your battery is fully charged, it automatically switches to float/maintenance mode voltage to keep your battery voltage at the proper level without overcharging.
- The BT Plus features fully spark-proof connections as well as short circuit and reverse polarity protection for safe charging and maintenance.
- The BT Plus weighs in at a lightweight 2.3 lbs. and measures a compact 11 x 4 x 11 inches. It is very portable and easy-to-use in tight spaces.
- Deltran provides a generous, limited 10-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship on the Battery Tender Plus.
- Very good quality
- Great value
- Easy to use
- Connect and forget
- Needs more function indicators
- Gets very warm
- Needs longer contact leads
- Initial charge can take a long time
Click Here To Read More Battery Tender Plus Reviews >>>
Click Here To See The Battery Tender Plus 021-0128 Battery Charger >>>
Battery Tender Plus Model Comparison Chart
|Title||Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger||Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger||Battery Tender 800 Waterproof 12V Battery Charger||NOCO Genius G750 6V/12V 750mA Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer||Black & Decker BM3B 6V and 12V Battery Charger / Maintainer||Charge Master Automatic Battery Charger, Maintainer & Conditioner|
|Feature||Spark proof during lead connection, reverse polarity protected and includes a 12-foot output cord and 5-year warranty|
Perfect for charging all 12-volt lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell)
Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Float Mode) allows for optimization of battery power, without overcharging
Automatic charge cycle functionality switches to float mode after fully charging the battery
Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger
|Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger; a quick connect harness for use in hard to reach areas|
Perfect for all lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell)
Complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode) that maintains batteries at full charge without overcharging via its 4-step charging system
Automatically switches to float/maintenance mode voltage after fully charging the battery
Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature, and spark proof and reverse polarity protected; 10-year limited warranty
|Spark proof and reverse polarity protected; protected by a 3-year limited warranty|
Designed for use on all AGM sealed maintenance free, lead calcium, and flooded batteries
100% waterproof and ultraportable at a size not bigger than a computer mouse
Complete 3-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, and float mode) for maintaining optimal performance levels without over charging
Automatically switches to float/maintenance voltage after fully charging the battery
|.75 Amperes Smart Battery Charger for 6-volt and 12-volt batteries; charges and maintains all types of lead-acid batteries from 1.2-30Ah, including Wet, Gel, MF, and AGM|
Designed for safety; safe for anyone to use; does not generate sparks, and protects against reverse battery hookup, short circuit, open circuit, overheat, overcurrent and does not overcharge the battery
Keeps batteries charged and maintained; constantly monitors the battery to provide optimal battery performance, and extend battery life
Auto-Memory; Returns to the last selected charge mode when restarted for continuous charging
The most advanced charger ever; it features innovative and advanced technology that makes charging easy and simple. the vosFX Processor built inside every charger makes important charging decisions so you don't have to; it is the safest, most effective charger you may ever use
|Battery Maintainer for use on 6V & 12V battery systems|
Easy connection to vehicle battery using the included battery clips, O-ring terminals or vehicle DC plug
High-frequency smart charging technology keeps batteries at optimal charge
Automatically switches between charging mode and float mode monitoring
Built-in mounting bracket
|Selectable amperage: 2, 4, 6 Ah|
Battery thermal run away & overload protection
Soft start, gentle ramp-up constant current rate during bulk charge
Selectable battery type: WET, GEL, AGM, Calcium Battery rejuvenation (desulfation) function
|Warranty||5 year material and workmanship||10 year material and workmanship||3 year material and workmanship||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Height||9 inch||11 inch||10 inch||4 inch||9.75 inch||6.5 inch|
|Weight||1.8 pound||2.3 pound||3.2 pound||1.9 pound||1.95 pound||2 pound|
|Width||4 inch||4 inch||4 inch||10 inch||3 inch||2 inch|
|Length||8 inch||11 inch||10 inch||10.5 inch||5 inch||3.5 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Jul 8 0:14:27 UTC but are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the merchant site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Which model do you think is best? Which charger/tender are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share with others if you think they will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use when comparing the Battery Tender Plus to other models you may be considering.