You have a vintage Chevrolet Corvette (aren’t they all classic immediately) and you don’t drive it as often as your daily driver, but you still want it to be ready to go when you’re ready to drive. That means that the battery has to have enough juice to crank that awesome engine whether it’s been an 2 hours or two months. That’s where the Battery Tender Plus comes in.
You probably already know that you can’t trust the job to just any battery charger. An average battery charger will charge the battery just fine, but what happens when it’s done? Does it shut off automatically? Does it maintain the battery automatically for you? The Battery Tender Plus from Deltran does all of this and more.
How do I know it’s the best for your Corvette? It’s the choice of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky of course. Which by the way you should definitely visit along with the manufacturing plant if you get the chance. Fly in to Nashville or drive directly to Bowling Green to to satisfy every Corvette-lover’s dream! Need I say more?
For a car as classic as a Corvette, you need a classic battery tender that’s safe to use, safe for your car, and keeps doing its job year after year. After all, you’re keeping that baby forever, right? First choice of the Corvette Museum, the Battery Tender Plus does the job of a quality battery charger and tender all rolled into one.
Battery Tender Plus is an advanced charger/maintainer that has been specifically designed by Deltran for modern sealed lead-acid batteries. The Plus has a “brain” that controls a four-stage charging process that charges, improves, and floats your battery so that it is always ready to go when you are. State-of-the-art technology allows your Corvette’s battery to be fully recharged safely without fear of overcharging and without constant monitoring on your part.
Just check out these great features:
- The advanced microprocessor technology in every BT Plus insures the safe and effective charge and maintenance of your Corvette’s battery. This insures that your classic is ready to go when you are and can actually extend your battery’s life by up to 3X! If the battery voltage drops too far under load, full charger output power resumes thereby maintaining your battery and peak operating power ready when you need it.
- Battery Tenders have been protecting Corvettes since 1989 when they introduced their first model actually based on the algorithm used on U.S. Navy Nuclear Submarines.
- Fast forward to today and you will find Battery Tender Plus charging and maintaining Bradley Fighting Vehicles and HUMMV’s fighting the protecting America’s interests in Afghanistan, Iraq, and globally.
- Reliable and safe enough for our military, but used by the millions in home and professional garages around the world as well, you won’t find a better tender for your classic car.
- This tender comes with an automatic, microprocessor-controlled, complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode). This charging program maintains batteries at full charge without overcharging or the damaging effects of trickle chargers.
- The Plus is temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to the current temperature. Temperature can greatly affect chargers that don’t take temperature into account, but you don’t have to worry about that with the BT Plus.
- The Plus performs double-duty when it comes to protecting your battery. It protects the battery from discharging during periods when it’s not being used and it promotes long battery life by preventing sulphation and fully recharging and conditioning the battery’s plates.
Convenience and Ease-of-Use
- You won’t find a more convenient solution to the challenges you face in keeping your Corvette’s battery powered-up and ready to go when not in use. Deltran has designed this tender with 1.25 amps of charging capability that will safely and reliably charge and maintain your 12-volt battery.
- Don’t worry about having to check on the charger all the time to make sure it’s not overcharging. Just connect and forget until you need to use it.
- Equipped with easy-to-read, Solid state, two color LEDs, you will always be clear on the current state of the tender.
- A quick-connect harness, light weight (2.3 lbs.), and compact size (11 x 4 x 11 inches) makes this tender easy-to-use in tight spaces
- BT Plus is able to charge any lead-acid, flooded, or sealed maintenance-free battery including standard and sealed AGM and Gel Cell battery types
- The Plus automatically switches to float/maintenance mode voltage after fully charging the battery to maintain proper battery voltage and prevent overcharging.
- Fully spark proof connections, short circuit, and reverse polarity protected mean the ultimate in safe charging and maintenance.
- Deltran provides a limited 10-year warranty on its BT Plus 12-volt/1.25-amp Battery Charger to the original purchaser based on defective material or workmanship.
Battery Tender Plus
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
I would love to get your opinion of this article or hear your battery tender or Corvette story. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
I hope this article has given you some insight into one of the most popular and capable battery tenders for the Chevrolet Corvette; the Deltran Battery Tender Plus. Make sure you get only the best battery tender for your baby! Get a Battery Tender Plus!