For the most part, consumers are leaving the lead-acid jump starters behind in favor of the newer, lighter, safer, and much more compact lithium battery jump starters. That doesn’t mean that lead-acid models like the Clore Booster Pac ES2500 from Clore Automotive don’t have a place.
The Clore Booster Pac ES2500 has 900 peak amps and 300 cranking amps which is certain to bring your vehicle back to life. When you compare that to the Wagan EL7502 Lithium Jump starter, its features and price, it’s hard to argue that the Clore is a much better system.
Let’s take a look at both the Clore Booster Pac ES2500 and the Wagan EL7502 iOnBoost V8 300A Lithium Jump Starter in turn while comparing their key features.
First, let’s look at the Clore and followed by the Wagan.
Lead-acid battery jump starters are heavy because they contain a lead-acid portable battery and lead is heavy. You can think of a lead-acid booster as a small lead-acid battery covered to make it look more appealing and easier to use as a jump starter. The more peak amps and cranking amps you have, the larger and heavier the jump starter needs to be. In the case of the Clore Booster Pac ES2500 model, it has 900 peak amps and 300 cranking amps. When it comes to features, there really aren’t many. That also means that the ES2500 is simple to operate and uncomplicated to learn. The only indicators it has are for Charging Status, Power Level, and Charge Complete. Here’s what you need to know.
- 900 peak and 300 cranking amps lead-acid battery jump starter
- Jumps up to 5 vehicles on a single charge
- Automatic charging protects against overcharging
- Comes with AC wall charger
- Single 12V power port can serve a variety of charging needs
- Durable case is included
- 21-inch, 4-gauge cables with industrial-quality Hot Jaw alligator clamps are included
- Dimensions are 18.4W x 11.3L x 4.5D inches and it weighs in at approximately 18 lbs.
- Commercial-grade quality
- Reliable jump starting
- Good value
- Used by professionals
- Needs longer cables
- No place to store AC charger
- No reverse polarity warning
- No automatic shutoff while charging from 12V DC socket
Wagan Tech has been in business for over 30 years and also sells lead-acid jumpers. Compared to the Clore, this Wagan EL7502 iOnBoost V8 300A Lithium Jump Starter and Power Bank is much more compact, lightweight, and safer to operate. It claims to be tested starting up to V10s and is designed for starting up to V8s. It has 300 cranking amps and 500 peak amps which should be enough to start a V8 engine and it can jump-start your vehicle up to 20 times on a single charge. It also has a built-in 3,905 mAh (47.4 watt-hour) power bank that can charge many of your portable electronic devices while you’re on the go. Its safety features set it apart from most lead-acid boosters and include all-important reverse polarity protection. Here’s what you need to know about this lithium battery jumper.
- 500A Peak, 300A starting ultra-compact lithium battery jump starter that can jump start V8 through V10 trucks and RVs with 3000X charge cycle life
- 3,905 mAh (47.4 watt-hour) power bank charges laptops, tablets, USB devices, and smartphones through a 12V/16V/19V DC accessory output and a 5V/2.1A USB power output
- Charge an iPhone up to 7 times before needing to recharge the unit or charge up to 4 phones at the same time
- AC recharging time of approximately 2-4 hours and DC recharging time with the engine running of approximately 4-5 hours
- Built-in safety features including protection from over-charge, over-voltage, reverse-polarity, and anti-sparking (short circuit) allow non-mechanics to safely jump-start a vehicle
- Designed to withstand extreme temperatures up to 185 degrees F and down to -4 degrees F
- Less than 1/5 the size of lead-acid car jump starters with equivalent specifications
- Easy to store anywhere in the vehicle such as the glove box, under seat, trunk, door pocket, briefcase, or backpack yet has the power to jump-start a V8 vehicle
- Built-in battery charge indicator with blue LED lights
- Bright multifunction emergency LED flashlight on the side of the unit has three flash modes including solid, SOS, and strobe switchable using the multifunction mode button
- Unit also has a master power switch
- Dimensions are 6.5L x 3.0W x 1.5D inches and it weighs in at only 1.5 lbs.
- 1 – High-visibility red, zippered storage case that easily stores and organizes all of its included accessories
- 1 – Set 10 AWG, 8-inch jumper cables with built-in safety module and tough alligator clamps
- 1 – DC charging adapter for 12V power port
- 1 – AC charging wall adapter
- 1 – Laptop charging jack with 8 adapter tips
- 1 – USB pigtail charging adapter with mini USB/micro USB/Apple 30-pin/Apple Lightning cables
- Ultra-compact and lightweight portable jump starter
- Great safety features
- Able to start V8 to V10 vehicles
- Quality construction and materials
- Small 3,905 mAh battery bank
Point By Point Comparison
|Clore Booster Pac ES2500||Wagan EL7502 iOnBoost V8|
|Charges Before Recharging||5X||20X|
|Safety Features||Protection against over-charge||Protection against reverse polarity, over-voltage, over-charge, and short-circuit|
|Accessories||Hard Case, AC charging adapter||Laptop connector kit with 8 tips, AC & DC charging adapters, heavy duty jumper cables, USB cable with both mini and micro connections, Apple 30 pin and lightning cables, soft carrying case|
|Light||None||LED flashlight with 3 modes – solid, slow flashing, and rapid flashing|
|Indicators||Charging Status, Power Level, and Charge Complete||DC output voltage indicator showing 12V/16V/19V|
|Ports||Single 12V power port||Single DC port switchable between 12V/16V/19V, a 5V/2.1A USB port, and a 12V jump starting port|
|Buttons||On/Off||Multifunction Mode Button, Master Power Switch|
|Operating Temp||-20 to 115 degrees F||-4 to 185 degrees F|
|Alligator Clamps||Hot Jaw with power on both sides of the clamp||Heavy-duty standard alligator clamps|
|Weight||18 lbs||1.5 lbs|
|Dimensions||18.4W x 11.3L x 4.5D inches||6.5L x 3.0W x 1.5D inches|
|Price on Amazon||$112||$110|
Booster Pac ES2500/Wagan iOnBoost V8 Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our comparison? Which battery booster are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our battery jump starter post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you compare the Booster Pac ES2500 to other jump starters in order to find the one that best meets your needs!