A car battery tender is an essential piece of gear for vehicles that sit for extended periods of time without running. Classic cars, cars that are stored for the winter, extra vehicles, motorcycles, water sports vehicles, ATVs, RVs, and others all need a car battery tender to charge and maintain their batteries reliably over long periods so that they are ready to go when you are.
Typical car battery tenders produce fairly low voltages because they’re designed primarily for keeping a battery fully charged and secondarily to recharge a depleted battery to a full charge. The advantage of a higher voltage car battery tender is that it will be able to recharge a battery in less time.
Modern battery tenders have on-board microprocessors that analyze the battery’s state and provide the right charging program. Once the battery is fully charged, the car battery tender switches to a float mode which maintains the battery at a full charge indefinitely without manual intervention and without damage to the battery, vehicle, or charger.
Interested in learning about other battery tenders to charge and maintain your car, truck, or motorcycle Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- 6V Battery Charger: 7 Top Rated Budget 6-Volt Smart Chargers
- Auto Battery Chargers: Top 10 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- Battery Charger for Car: Top 7 Best Rated Car Battery Chargers
- Waterproof Battery Charger: Top Rated 12V Battery Charger Maintainer
- Battery Maintainer: Powerful High-Tech Battery Tender Charger
- Auto Battery Charger: Best Next Gen Car Battery Charger
- Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
- Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger
- Battery Minder: Best Value BatteryMINDer Battery Charger
- Motorcycle Battery Charger: Top 5 Best Selling Battery Chargers
- Optima Battery Chargers: Optima 150-34178 Digital 1200 Battery Charger
- Trickle Charger: Top Battery Tender Trickle Charger
- Battery Tender Jr: 5 Best Reasons To Buy
Deltran Battery Tenders
Deltran Battery Tender designs, manufactures, and distributes technologically advanced products for distribution worldwide. Their battery tenders feature Battery Tender BTP Microprocessor Technology and quick-connect convenience that automatically maintains the batteries in a wide variety of vehicles. They truly are set and forget pieces of equipment that can save you hundreds of dollars over replacement batteries.
Deltran’s Battery Tender Jr and Battery Tender Plus are two of the most popular battery tenders in the world providing high-quality, fast-charging convenience and performance that satisfies the needs of collectors, dealers, fleet owners, and car owners everywhere.
New Battery Tender
They have recently released their newest addition to their battery tender line, the Deltran Battery Tender 3 Amp Power Plus, that increases output power to 3.0 amps. That is higher than their popular Battery Tender Plus for quicker recharges of automotive, marine, and power sport batteries. It also adds the ability to charge both 6V and 12V batteries
Take a look at the new Deltran Battery Tender 3 Amp Power Plus battery tender and see if it’s the best battery tender for your needs!
Long the choice of car lovers and motorcycle enthusiasts, the Battery Tender Plus has a new big brother that has more power and is capable of handling both 6V and 12V battery charging and maintenance charging needs. With a full 3.0 amps of power, the new Deltran Battery Tender 3 Amp Power Plus charges automotive, marine, and power sports batteries faster while retaining the capability of automatically switching to maintenance mode once the battery is fully charged, and adding the ability to switch between 6V and 12V battery charging and maintenance. It’s the ideal charger for everyday charging use or long-term storage and maintenance of AGM, Flooded, and Gel batteries. Here’s what you need to know.
Charger Operating Modes
The charger uses four charging modes to effectively, automatically charge and maintain 6V and 12V batteries:
- Qualification/Initialization Mode: The Monitor Circuit verifies appropriate battery voltage levels and good electrical continuity between the battery and the charger DC output.
- Bulk mode (full charge, constant current, battery is 0% to 80% charged)
- Absorption mode (high constant voltage, battery is 80% to 100% charged).
- Storage/float maintenance mode (low constant voltage, battery is 100% to 103% charged)
LED Status Indicator Lights
It has several status LED indicator lights that provide simple, easy-to-understand visual confirmation of the chargers operating mode and battery condition:
- No light: Battery is no properly connected or the charger is not connected to AC power
- Amber Light Flashing: Battery charger AC power available and the microprocessor is functioning properly
- Amber Light Continues to Flash: Battery voltage is too low (less than 3 volts) or the alligator clips or ring terminals are not properly connected
- Steady Amber Light: Battery is connected properly and the charger is charging the battery. The Amber light will remain illuminated until the charger has completed the charging stage
- Green Flashing Light: When the green LED flashes and the amber LED is solid, the battery is greater than 805 charged and may be removed from the charger and used if necessary, although it is best if the battery remains connected until the green light is solid
- Steady Green Light: Charge is complete and the battery is ready for service or can remain connected indefinitely
Car Battery Tender Features
- 3.0A, microprocessor-controlled, fully-automatic battery charger and maintenance charger that fully charges and then maintains your 6V or 12V AGM, Flooded, or Gel battery indefinitely without manual intervention and without the charger, battery or vehicle
- It will charge a 15-amp-hour battery to 80% capacity in approximately four hours compare to the Battery Tender Plus which would take approximately 10 hours
- It is an ideal charger for everyday charging use or long-term storage and maintenance. Ideal for AGM, Flooded, and Gel batteries.
- It allows you to select between 6V and 12V battery charging and maintenance via the Battery Voltage Select Button, will retain its setting in the event of a power outage, and can prevent charging in the event of incorrect voltage selection
- It has built-in safety features like Spark-Free Circuitry that prevents sparking if the alligator clips are inadvertently touched together or if the charger is connected improperly with reverse polarity, protection against short circuits, and a 72-hour safety timer
- Water-resistant design
- Quick-connect accessories include alligator clips and ring terminals
- Listed in California Appliance Efficiency Database
- Dimensions are 6.8L x 3.68W x 1.96H inches and it weighs in at only 1.1 lbs.
- 5-Year limited warranty
Car Battery Tender Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this new battery tender? Which battery tender are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our CarBatteryChargersCentral.com Car Battery Tender post! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information that helps you choose the best car battery tender for your needs!