A Dual Pro battery charger is a smart charger with a built-in microprocessor that controls a multi-step charging and maintenance process designed to charge and maintain marine lead-acid batteries. If you’re looking for a Dual Pro battery charger, you probably already know that they are the first choice of over 50 board manufacturers and professional fisherman on the B.A.S.S. and FLW tournament circuit.
There is a reason that a Dual Pro battery charger is the go-to charge for so many professional anglers and boaters. Dual Pro battery chargers have the durability, reliability, features, and reparability professionals expect.
What can you expect from a Dual Pro battery charger?
Dual Pro onboard smart chargers have integrated microprocessors that control their multi-step charging and maintenance program that includes recovery and desulphation. They are designed to insure each battery connected to a bank gets the proper charge and is maintained properly after they are fully charged for peak charge and efficiency. A Dual Pro charger has the capability to maintain your batteries through the winter unattended automatically without risk of damage to your batteries, the charger, or your boat’s electrical system.
Looking for other marine battery charger solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- ProMariner Battery Charger: Top Rated ProMariner 3 Bank Battery Charger
- 3 Bank Marine Battery Charger: 5 Top Rated Boat Battery Chargers
- Solar Boat Battery Charger: Top 5 Best Rated 100 Watt Solar Panel Chargers
- Best Onboard Marine Battery Charger 2-Bank Options
- Boat Battery Chargers: Features and Specs
- Boat Battery Charger: Best Rated 2-Bank Marine Charger
Moisture is the enemy of mariners because it leads to corrosion and failure. Marine battery chargers are exposed to a higher level of humidity and moisture conditions than other vehicle chargers. A Dual Pro battery charger is fully sealed, waterproof, and designed to handle the harsh marine environment.
Your marine charger needs to provide the voltage that each battery requires. Most marine batteries are 12V and for multiple batteries should be connected in parallel. If they are connected in serious then you will need a higher voltage depending on how many batteries you have. It is not recommended to connect marine batteries in series because the charging will be unbalanced and ultimately will reduce the life of all the batteries in the series. You also lose the advantage of a multi-bank charger which can take care of each battery independently and insure each has the longest life possible.
This is about one of Dual Pro’s highest rated and most popular 3-bank marine battery chargers. This Dual Pro 3 bank charger is designed to be mounted in your boat and provide independent charging for each battery connected.
What amperage Dual Pro battery charger should you buy? A quick calculation used commonly is to determine the amp-hour rating of your batteries and add those together. Then multiply that number by 10% to get the amperage needed. So, in the case of three 105 amp-hour batteries, you would need approximately 10% of 315 amp-hours or 31.5 amps.
Most battery chargers designed for the marine environment are sealed or potted and most components are not accessible for repair. A Dual Pro Professional Series battery charger is repairable and does not need to be trashed when it breaks. This can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Salt Water Rating
The Dual Pro Professional series is designed for both fresh water and salt water use giving you the flexibility to operate anywhere you need to.
A Dual Pro boat battery charger is an AGM battery charger capable of meeting the the charging requirements of both AGM and Wet Cel battery types.
Each Dual Pro battery charger provides protection against sparking and reverse polarity which are the most common safety issues with onboard battery chargers.
We searched retail sites, boating forums, social media, consumer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated Dual Pro 3-Bank marine battery charger.
Take a look at our choice and see if this model is the best onboard battery charger for your needs!
The Dual Pro PS3 15 Amp Professional Series 3 Bank Charger is one of Dual Pro’s highest rated chargers and it’s easy to understand why. It is a totally waterproof marine battery charger designed to operate across the full range of fishing and recreational boating environments including land, fresh water, and salt water. It features the safety, reliability, durability, features, and performance you need to handle any multiple battery charging requirements you may have. It is also totally repairable meaning that if there is a problem, you don’t need to throw it away like many potted or waterproof chargers. It is accessible for replacement of failed parts. Part of Dual Pro’s Professional Series, this Dual Pro battery charger is the first choice of professional fisherman on the B.A.S.S and FLW Tournament Circuit and the go-to charger of over 50 board manufacturers. Its smart charging capability it set-and-forget and fully automatic so you can leave it connected to your batteries indefinitely without damage to the charger, electrical system, or batteries. It can handle the charging requirements of a variety of battery types including Wet Cel and AGM batteries and is perfect for a variety of applications besides marine battery charging including motorcycles, golf carts, utility vehicles, and many more.
Dual Pro Battery Charger: Features
- 3-Bank, 15-Amps/Bank, independent, fully automatic, completely waterproof, Wet Cel and AGM battery onboard marine battery charger
- Repairable design has replaceable components so that it does not need to be trashed when it fails
- Smart, microprocessor-controlled charger uses DeltaVolt Intuitive Charging Technology to deliver multi-stage charging and then switches automatically to maintenance charging
- Designed for land, fresh water, and salt water applications with support for 12V – 48V battery systems
- Rugged, durable, dependable, reliable, high-quality construction and materials
- Integrated safety protection against connection sparking and reverse polarity
- On-board diagnostic codes keep you informed and help with troubleshooting problems
- Built-in temperature compensation means your batteries will always get the right charging voltage and amperage regardless of ambient temperature
- Battery charging status LED indicator lights
- This Dual Pro battery charger can be installed anywhere without restrictions
- 3-foot AC power cord and 5-foot DC charge cables
- Meets ISO 8846 marine standards
- Ignition protected (US Coast Guard 33 CFR 183.410)_
- Dimensions are 6H x 8.25W x 13L inches and it weight 22.50 lbs.
- Serviceable and repairable if a part fails
- Reliable, fast, sustained charging
- High quality materials and construction
- Easy installation
- Relatively short cables
Dual Pro Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this quality 3 bank battery charger? Which on-board battery charger and maintainer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A multi-bank marine battery charger need to endure harsh marine conditions while providing reliable charging power to all your batteries. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right Dual Pro battery charger for your needs!