Nothing can ruin a summer vacation faster than a dead battery. You need a portable jumpstarter. Don’t leave home without it!
It’s happened to us all. Traveling with the kids can be stressful and it’s easy to forget that you left something on in the car or a door ajar. Whatever the reason, wasting a lot of time figuring out how you’re going to get a jumpstart or waiting sometimes hours for the auto club can absolutely put a speed bump in your vacation plans.
Having a jumpstarter in the car sets your mind at east that at least you don’t have to worry about a dead battery.
There are many different types of battery jump starters, but you can boil them down to two types. Ones that work by hooking them up directly to your battery and others that plug into your cigarette lighter or 12V power plug.
In general, the ones that plug into your cigarette lighter seem to have problems with connectivity and may not have enough power to jump start your car or truck. We recommend a portable jump starter that connects directly to your battery even though that is a little less convenient.
So you’ve decided to get a jump starter battery and you’re sold on using one that connects directly to your battery. The only problem is that most of the very popular models of aren’t actually very portable. They are really just special batteries in a box and that means they can be heavy and bulky. A car battery jump starter can also be very difficult to place in your engine compartment during the jump start because they are large.
When you’re travelling the last thing you need is one more thing to take up valuable space in your vehicle and some battery jump starters can take up a lot of space. So what you need is a compact jumpstarter that is lightweight and easy to use.
Not worried about size and weight, but just need a powerful car starter for your larger engine vehicle? Be sure and take a look at our articles Portable Car Battery Charger: Top 5 Battery Jump Starters 2014, Portable Jump Starter: Revive Your Dead Car Battery In An Emergency, Battery Jump Starter – Top 5 Units For 2014, Jump Starter: Key Buying Tips Revealed, and Jump Starter Battery: Key Functionality You Need To Know.
You have a trip coming up and along with the kids you’re planning to take several portable electric devices. Wouldn’t it be great if you had a way to keep them all charged while you’re traveling and not have to wait to get to the hotel or campground?
Well, we think we’ve found the best solution to both problems. A small, powerful, lightweight battery jumper and a personal power supply capable of charging a variety of electronic devices all in one unit.
We’re talking about a portable jump starter neatly tucked away in its own carrying case along with all of the adapters you could possibly need to charge all your personal devices.
Take a look at our pick for best portable jump starter and power supply and see if it is the perfect device to carry in your vehicle.
Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-1 Multi-Function JumpStarter / Personal Power Supply
Antigravity Batteries PPS XP-1 is the world’s smallest car Jump Starter and Personal Power Supply. It is pocket-sized and powerful enough to start any car, truck (up to V8) or motorcycle with ease – multiple times. Riding, traveling, or camping, this is the most versatile and powerful device to keep you powered whatever the situation. Take a look at all of the Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-1’s class-leading features.
- Lithium Battery = 500-1000 cycles
- 44Wh Battery stores with low self discharge (recharge every 6 months)
- External Travel Laptop/Tablet Battery
- Jump Start Any Auto Or Bike, Even V8 Truck!
- Great for all power sports applications like ATVs, motorcycles, scooters, and personal watercraft
- 200 amp jump start port
- 19v port for powering or charging laptops
- 12v port for powering or charging 12v accessories
- 5v USB port with 2 amp output for charging smart phones, iPads, iPhones, cameras, iReaders like the Kindle, MP3s, PSPs, PDAs, GPS, Bluetooth devices, and more
- High-power build-in LED flashlight with emergency SOS flash and beacon patterns
- 18 interchangeable tips and cords to handle most electronic device connections
- Mini-jumper clamps for jump starting your vehicle
- All packaged in a handy carrying case
- Super compact and lightweight measuring only 6 x 2.8 x 1 inches and weighing an amazingly light 14 oz.
- Small enough to fit into your pocket so you can carry it anywhere making portable power to start your vehicle always available
- Now there is no excuse for getting caught with no way to jump start your dead battery, no way to make that important phone call, or no way to power you child’s dead laptop
Note: If you don’t need to charge a laptop, click here to see the AG-XP3 – priced lower and excludes the laptop charge port/adapters >>>
- Works better than advertised
- Amazing power in a small package
- Well-designed and well-built
- Easy to use
- Poor quality mini-jumper clamps
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this compact jump starter and power supply? Which battery jump starter are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our battery jump starter article! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information to help you choose your jumpstarter!