An onboard boat battery charger is a necessity for boats with multiple batteries and any boat where you want to save the time and hassle of using a portable marine battery charger. An onboard boat battery charger with multiple bank capability allows you to provide the proper charging to multiple batteries like your charging battery, house battery, and more. An onboard boat battery charger serves the needs of cuddy, cruiser, sail, house boats, yachts, commercial offshore, sport fishing boats, and more.
A popular onboard boat battery charger is one with a 3-bank configuration. A 3-bank onboard battery charger delivers the proper charge to three separate batteries of the same type or in some cases even different types.
Interested in learning about other popular marine battery chargers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Solar Boat Battery Charger: Top 5 Best Rated 100 Watt Solar Panel Chargers
- 3 Bank Marine Battery Charger: 5 Top Rated Boat Battery Chargers
- Boat Battery Charger: Best Rated 2-Bank Marine Charger
- Boat Battery Chargers: Features and Specs
- ProMariner Battery Charger: Top Rated ProMariner 3 Bank Battery Charger 2017
- Best Onboard Marine Battery Charger 2-Bank Options
- Marine Battery Charger: Battery Tender 12V Battery Charger
- 4 Bank Battery Charger: 3 Top Rated 4-Bank Onboard Battery Chargers
- 3 Bank Battery Charger: Top Rated Budget 3 Bank 20 Amp Charger
Modern 3-bank chargers are smart chargers with the ability to manage battery charging and maintenance automatically without the need for manual intervention.
We searched boating forums, manufacturer sites, social media, consumer sites, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated onboard boat battery charger.
Take a look at our choice and see if this onboard marine battery charger is the best marine charger for your needs!
If you’re looking for a 3-bank marine battery charger for your cruiser, sailboat, house boat, yacht, or sport fishing boat, the award winning ProMariner 63140 ProNauticP Series 1240P 12V 40-Amp Onboard Battery Charger is a popular choice. Designed to be mounted in dry conditions near your battery compartment, it features ProMariner’s Generation 3 ProMar Digital Performance Charing Platform that includes all digital control and software-based power conversion technology with global energy management capability. It’s designed to address the trend of incorporating and using more 12VDC electronics onboard today’s power, sail, cruising, and sport fishing boats. Its 12 digitally-controlled fingertip-selectable performance charging profiles fully charge, condition, maintain, and recondition batteries extending battery life and maximizing battery reserve power performance. Distributed On-Demand Technology automatically senses and distributes 100% of available charging amps to any one bank or combination of banks. Get more time on the water enjoying boating with a ProMariner ProNauticP.
Onboard Boat Battery Charger: Features
- 12VDC 40-Amp 3-Bank automatic onboard boat battery charger with 12 digitally-controlled performance charging profiles
- Fully automatic and sequential multi-stage charging that provides electronically controlled charging, conditioning and maintenance of all batteries and or banks connected based on battery chemistry selected
- Factory set for Flooded (Lead Acid) batteries with selectable support for AGM, GEL, and LiFePO4 batteries
- Distributed On-Demand Technology automatically senses and distributes 100% of available charging amps to any one bank or combination of banks
- Generation 3 ProMar Digital Performance Charging Platform that combines all digital control and software-based power conversion technology with global energy management features
- Automatically de-sulfates batteries after 21 days in maintain mode improving reserve power, performance, and extending battery life
- Operates on 120/230VAC at 50/60Hz automatically
- Automatic dockside power mode for 12VDC lighting and appliances
- Power Factor Corrected with auto-ranging global AC input allowing it to operate off a standard household power connection
- Dual digital displays provide real-time display of actual charging voltage and amperage and AC power diagnostics with pass or fail status
- Discreet fault indication for miss-wiring or adverse battery bank conditions
- Custom setting allows you to manually select desire battery voltages
- Selectable Power Level allows you to adjust amperage draw of the unit to prevent it from competing with other appliances when only a lower amperage shore / station power hookup is available
- Conservation Energy Saver Mode monitors and Auto Maintains batteries only when needed, maintaining a full state of charge after fully charging and conditioning batteries reducing power consumption, lowering operating costs, and maximizing reserve power performance
- Automatic temperature compensation and built-in safety ignition-protected and current limiting
- Easy to navigate 3-button command center
- Automatic electronic variable speed fan cooling with No Drip Shield required venting design is quiet during operation
- AC and DC cables organizer
- Industry recognized with the 2010 IBEX Innovation Award
- Designed and constructed to Marine ULc 1236, CE, CTick and FCC Class B specifications
- Dimensions are 10.5H x 5.63W x 12.63D inches and weighs 6.9 lbs.
- 5-Year warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Precision automatic charging
- Automatically and instantly responds to 12VDC demand on system
- Variable on-demand amperage saves money
- Easy to use
- None noted
Onboard Boat Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this marine battery charger? Which onboard battery charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Although you would normally think that an onboard battery charger should be waterproof, for larger boats and yachts, water near the battery compartment is not as much of a concern. For dry battery conditions, a computer-controlled, smart multiple-bank charging system is the answer. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right onboard boat battery charger for your needs!