A portable power bank is the convenient way to keep backup power with you in case your smartphone or tablet dies while traveling. If you want to take your portable power bank on more adventurous outings, you will need one that is ruggedized to take the impacts, dust, and moisture you might encounter.
A portable power bank that is ruggedized is at least water-resistant, shockproof, and dustproof, but should also be lightweight and compact so it doesn’t take up a lot of space in your kit.
Interested in learning about other power banks with integrated battery jump starters? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Auto Battery Jump Starter: Powerful New Beast Battery Booster
- Portable Car Battery Jumper: New Powerful Battery Booster Has Integrated Air Compressor
- Jump Starter Pack: Top Rated Heavy Duty Lithium Car Jump Starter Power Bank
- Emergency Jump Starter: Best New Heavy-Duty Lithium Battery Booster
- Booster Pack: Powerful New Compact Lithium Jump Starter Brings 7.0L Engine to Life
- Battery Jump Start: Enjoy Safe Fast Easy Portable Battery Booster Technology Today
- Portable Battery Jump Starter: Top Rated New DBPOWER Battery Booster Lineup
- Compact Jump Starter: New Powerful Compact Battery Booster
- Car Battery Jumper: Top 5 Highest Rated New Lithium Battery Jump Starters
- Jump Start: Top 7 Ultra Compact Lithium Battery Jump Starters
- Car Starter Battery Booster: 29 Toughest Looking Jump Starters
You also want a device that can charge your smartphone or tablet multiple times on a single charge.
Most portable chargers have at least one USB port to charge devices, but having two USB ports means you can charge multiple electronic devices simultaneously. Not all USB charging ports are created equal. Having a fast 2.5 Amp charging port can make a lot of difference in charging speed.
Regular power banks don’t undergo rigorous testing, but you should expect that a ruggedized model should receive ample testing. Along with claims of rugged performance for any power bank, you should expect references to testing that backs up those claims.
Manufacturers who provide long warranties are telling you that they have faith in their materials and workmanship. A standard warranty for a regular portable power bank may be as much as a year, while you should expect ruggedized models to have longer warranties of over a year.
We searched battery charger forums, customer reviews sites, social media, manufacturer sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated rugged power bank.
Take a look at our choice and see if this tough power bank is the best power bank for your needs!
Dark Energy offers products designed for the outdoors. Their Dark Energy Poseidon 10,000mAh 3.4 Amp Portable Charger is designed for more extreme environments and features IP68 rated chemical and structural waterproofing, dust-proofing, and shock-proofing. It has a 10,000mAh internal battery with a highly efficient controller that provides plenty of reserve power to charge a variety of portable electronic devices, two at a time, multiple times before recharging. Virtually indestructible, this portable power bank meets Dark Energy’s “destruction tested” standard including military standard rated MIL-810-G drop-testing. It even survived a shotgun blast from 30 feet and still held a charge. Its waterproofing allows it to stay submerged in 6 feet of water for up to 45 minutes and its rugged design allows it to endure extreme hot and cold temperatures. If harsh environments are your domain, you need a portable charger like the Poseidon than can take the abuse.
Portable Power Bank: Features
- 10,000mAh, 3.4 Amp ruggedized portable power bank
- IP68-rated waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof
- Dual USB ports provide capability to charge two devices simultaneously with one being a fast 2.5 Amp port
- Integrated flashlight has emergency SOS feature
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Durable, water resistant survival microUSB charging cable wrapped in 550 lb. paracord
- 1 – Nylon strap
- 1 – Carabiner
- Rugged design, construction, and materials
- Compact and lightweight
- Fast charging
- Good looking device
- Included USB cord not very durable
Portable Power Bank
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this rugged power bank? Which portable charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
If you’re planning to go off-road, hunting, camping, fishing, or on another exciting outdoor adventure, you need a battery charger to keep your smartphone and other electronics running past their internal battery. Not just any battery chargers will do. It needs to be rugged and resistant to moisture. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right portable power bank for your needs!