For more than 66 years, Schumacher Electric Corporation has been making high-quality portable power, Schumacher battery chargers, maintainers, and testers. They are the official supplier of inverters, jump starters, and chargers for NASCAR. Their chargers are the brand of choice for many consumers and are some of the most popular.
When a product is the best selling, it is usually because it is also a good product. Buyers have done the research and found that product to be a good buy. You can benefit from their knowledge and research by taking a look at our review of one of the best Schumacher battery chargers; the Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge.
The Schumacher SC-1200A SpeedCharge has 12/8/2 amps for the fastest, safe charging, automatic microprocessor control for monitoring and preventing overcharging, and intuitive electronic push-button switches that keep you in control of the process. This best selling charger from the Schumacher has some great features.
- The Schumacher SC-1200A has multiple, precision microprocessor-controlled functions including multi-state charging, maintenance, and testing for safety and longer battery life.
- To match the SC-1200A to the broadest range of batteries, it has a 12 amp fast charge, an 8 amp medium charge, and a 2 amp slow charge.
- You will be able to quickly charge and maintain conventional automotive, deep-cycle, AGM, and gel-cel types with the SC-1200A.
- You can charge up to twice as fast as conventional chargers using the built-in advanced technology in the SC-1200A.
- Using its built-in microprocessor, the SC-1200A switches automatically from continuous charging to Float-Mode Monitoring to maintain your battery when fully charged. Then it switches back when it detects that it has become discharged.
- The SC-1200A has easy-to-use electronic pushbutton control switches that allow you to select different charging modes including charger rates of slow, medium, and fast and battery types of regular, deep-cycle, or AGM.
- You can easily transport or store the SC-1200A anywhere with its sturdy, retractable handle that doubles as a convenient cord wrap for the clamp cables and power cord.
- You will always be in-the-know with this model’s easy-to-read LED indicators which show status at a glance.
- 12-amp mode: The SC-1200A monitors battery condition and adjusts charging rate accordingly to prevent battery overcharging.
- 8-amp mode: This mode has a self-adjusting rate that charges quickly, but is designed for everyday charging needs.
- 2-amp mode: Use this mode to slow charge smaller batteries like those found in motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and lawn tractors.
- 50 amp clamps are included with the SC-1200A for top and side-mounted posts.
- RoHS Compliant
- UL and CUL Certified
- Schumacher provides a 5-year limited warranty on the SC-1200A.
- The SC-1200A weighs in at 2.1 lbs. and measures 4 x 3 x 12 inches.
- Fast charging
- Good value
- Fool-proof design
- Very flexible
- Noisy fan
- Poor instruction manual
- Cheap-construction housing
- No automatic overcharge protection
Schumacher Battery Chargers
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Schumacher charger? Which charger are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
I hope this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose one of the best Schumacher battery chargers for your needs!