A solar panel battery charger is a wonderful device that use green energy and can save you money by using the sun to power devices. With the proper controller, any solar panel can be made to charge a battery. The secret is to identify a system that has everything you need and matches up with your battery application. Fortunately, we’ve taken the time to do the research for you.
Hopefully you have taken a moment to read Solar Car Battery Chargers Best Buying Tips to help you sort out all the specification and features available in a solar panel battery charger.
Please take a moment to review this top 5 list:
This is a high-quality solar charger/maintainer with three times the power of most smaller chargers. Some of the Sunforce 50033 key features include:
- Amorphous solar charging kit provides up to 15 Watts of clean, free, renewable power
- Designed for cars, RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use and more!
- Made of durable ABS plastic and amorphous solar cells
- Weatherproof, durable solar panels can withstand impacts from hailstones travelling 50 miles-per-hour;
- Amorphous solar panel works in all daylight conditions-even in the shade!
- Kit includes: one 15 Watt amorphous solar panel, a 7 Amp solar charge controller, 12 ft. of wire, CLA adapter and battery clamps for easy installation
- Be aware of the fact that the panel is larger than that of smaller chargers
- Easy to use with minimal maintenance
- Provides 2.4 watts of power even in cloudy conditions
- Water resistant
- It is environmentally safe providing clean energy
- No electricity needed for operation
- Amorphous technology allows charging on cloudy days
- Rated for indoor and outdoor use
- Complete with battery clamps and 12 Volt plug
- 1 Year Warranty
The Sunforce 50022 has a lot of great features including:
- Trickle charges and maintains 12 Volt batteries
- Designed for cars, RVs, tractors, ATVs, boats, etc.
- Made of durable ABS plastic
- Built-in blocking diode protects battery discharge at night
- Weatherproof with amorphous cells panel charges in all daylight conditions-even on cloudy days!
- Each panel includes 4 pre-cut holes for easy installation, as well as battery clamps, a CLA adapter, and 10 feet of cable
- Built-in 3-step microcontroller for precise charging
- Waterproof and sparkproof for outdoor installations
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation
- Built-in temperature compensation sensor
- 12V nominal voltage 270 mAmps
- These solar panels are only ones with with built-in charge controller
The NOCO BLSOLAR2 is an inexpensive, popular solar battery charger and maintainer. Some of its key features include:
- Rated at 2.5 Watt (180 milliampere); for 12 Volt lead-acid batteries
- Waterproof; weather resistant solar charger for outdoor rated at IP65
- Ultra low profile thin film technology; works well in low-light, cloudy and overcast conditions
- Designed for safety; short circuit, open circuit, overheat and overcurrent protection
- Multiple battery chemistries; safely charges wet, Gel, MF and AGM batteries
Solar Panel Battery Charger
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
I would love to get your opinion of this article or hear your battery charger story. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
I hope this article has been helpful in providing up-to-date information on which you can base a better buying decision when purchasing a solar panel battery charger.