You have a car, truck, ATV, motorcycle, RV, boat or other pride and joy that you need to store. Now is the time to be thinking about a trickle charger to take care of that battery so it works after storage, no matter how long. Even if you don’t store it, but just don’t use it for a few weeks, you want it to be ready when you’re ready. Your battery has to have enough cold cranking juice to turn over that motor whether it’s been two days or two months. Enter the top selling battery tender/trickle charger; the Battery Tender Plus (BT Plus).
You can’t trust the job to just any charger. Most chargers will charge okay, but what happens when the battery is fully charged? Is it smart enough to turn itself off automatically? Will it also maintain the battery automatically so you don’t have to worry about it? The BT Plus from Deltran will do all that and much more.
Whether you’re protecting a classic car, boat or storing your ATV or watercraft, you need a trickle charger that’s safe to use, safe for your battery, and will keep working year after year without constant monitoring. The BT Plus will do the job of a high-quality charger and reliable, automatic trickle charger in one.
BT Plus is a state-of-the-art battery charger/maintainer that has been specifically designed by Deltran for modern sealed lead-acid batteries. The Plus’ built-in microprocessor controls a four-stage charging process that charges, improves, and floats your battery so that it is always ready to go when you need it. Leading-edge technology delivers a fully recharged vehicle battery over and over without overcharging or constant monitoring.
Just check out these great features of the Deltran BT Plus:
- The advanced microprocessor technology in every BT Plus insures the safe and effective charge and maintenance of your vehicle’s battery. Make sure your vehicle is ready to go when you are using the proper maintenance charge automatically. This trickle charger can actually extend your battery’s life by up to three times! If its voltage drops too far under load, the BT Plus resumes full charger output power thereby maintaining your battery at peak operating power, ready when you need it.
- Battery Tenders introduced their first model based on the algorithm used on U.S. Navy Nuclear Submarines.
- Today you will find a BT Plus supporting our troops by maintaining the batteries on Bradley Fighting Vehicles and HUMMV’s anywhere in the world.
- Trusted by our U.S. Military and used in millions of homes and garages around the world, you would be hard pressed to find a better trickle charger for your vehicle.
- The BT Plus uses an automatic, microprocessor-controlled, complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode). The charging program will maintain your battery at full charge without overcharging or damaging it like lesser trickle chargers.
- As you probably know, charging and maintaining is highly dependent on temperature. Temperature has a negative impact on chargers that don’t take temperature into account, but you don’t have to worry about that with the BT Plus. This trickle charger and maintainer is temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to the current temperature.
- Your BT Plus is a double-duty workhorse when it comes to protecting your battery. It protects from discharging during periods when not in use and it delivers longer life by preventing sulphation and conditioning the battery’s lead plates.
- A convenient solution for all lead-acid batteries, the BT Plus will keep you powered-up and ready to go.
- This trickle charger has 1.25 amps of charging capability to safely and reliably charge and maintain your 12-volt unit.
- You won’t spend most of your time monitoring the BT Plus or worrying about overcharging. You can connect this charger and forget it. The BT Plus will automatically charge and maintain safely and effectively.
- Two easy-to-read, solid state, color LEDs will keep you informed about the current state of charging at all times.
- You will find the BT Plus easy to use in tight spaces due to its compact size (11 x 4 x 11 inches), its quick connect harness, and its light weight (2.3 lbs.).
- You can use the BT Plus to charge any lead-acid, flooded, or sealed maintenance-free battery whether standard or sealed AGM or Gel Cel.
- Safe and reliable, the BT Plus will automatically switch to float/maintenance mode after a full charge to maintain proper voltage and prevent overcharging.
- The BT Plus is equipped with spark proof connections and both short circuit and reverse polarity protection.
- You can count on the BT Plus trickle charger to always give you safe charging and maintenance.
- Deltran provides a long, limited 10-year warranty on the BT Plus to the original purchaser against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Works great
- Connect and forget
- Easy setup
- Does not charge AGM batteries
- Contacts too short
- 10-Year warranty actually costs money
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of Battery Tender trickle chargers? Do you think they are the best? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this article has provided you with valuable information to help you choose your next trickle charger.