If you own a truck with a large gas or diesel engine, you need a truck jump starter. A regular battery jump starter designed for car engines won’t do the job. A truck jump starter has additional power that a regular car jump starter doesn’t have and can start your truck’s engine multiple times on a single charge.
A truck jump starter needs additional power to turnover big engines. How much power do you need? If you have a 7L gas or diesel engine or larger then you should consider a portable jump starter which has over 2000 peak amps of power.
Interested in learning about other popular heavy-duty jump starters? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Jump Starter with Air Compressor: Powerful Combination Emergency Tool
- Auto Battery Jump Starter: Powerful New Beast Battery Booster
- Portable Car Battery Jumper: New Powerful Battery Booster Has Integrated Air Compressor
- Jump Starter Pack: Top Rated Heavy Duty Lithium Car Jump Starter Power Bank
- Booster Pack: Powerful New Compact Lithium Jump Starter Brings 7.0L Engine to Life
- Car Jumpstarter: Amazing New NOCO Genius Jump Starter Lineup
- Heavy Duty Jump Starter: Top 4 Compact Heavy Duty Battery Boosters
There are basically two kinds of jump starters based on their battery type, lead-acid and Lithium-Ion. Lead-acid jump starters have been around for a long time and have been commonly carried by truckers to prevent an emergency where they might get stranded. The problem with a lead-acid jump pack is that it is bulky and heavy and hard to store on the truck.
Newer Lithium-Ion technology batteries have reduced the size of jump starters to the point where models designed for cars can fit in your glove box and even a pocket.
Lithium-Ion truck jump starters are not that small, but compared to older lead-acid models, they are significantly smaller and lighter.
What else should you consider when buying a truck jump starter?
Although lead-acid jump starters have their place, are still readily available, and are out there doing their job every day, Lithium-Ion jump starters have the advantage of power density. A Lithium-Ion jump starter can be 3X more powerful while being 2X smaller and lighter than a comparable lead-acid model.
While it’s true that Lithium models are more expensive, they’re also safer, more durable, and last longer before needing to be replaced. Lead-acid jump starter manufacturer recommends that you charge your truck jump starter once a month to make sure it’s ready to go when you are. Lithium models can go three to six months between top-up charges.
Although lead-acid jump starters have added safety features to keep up with more advanced lead-acid models, the safety technology in Lithium models is outstanding. You get protection against sparking that could cause an explosion, reverse polarity protection can warn you if you hook up the alligator clips incorrectly, and more.
It’s only recently that lead-acid jump starters have started offering power bank functions to charge portable electronic devices. They have offered the ability to charge 12VDC equipment from a single power port for some time though. With the advent of Lithium-Ion devices, it seemed natural for them to charge your portable electronic devices through one or more USB ports in addition to having the ability to jump start your car or truck.
Peak Amps is a specification that is often used for comparison purposes when it comes to starters. Peak Amps is not considered a good measure of the ability of a battery booster to start a car or truck. It doesn’t take peak amps to start a truck. It takes power for at least one to three seconds. A better specification is called a Joule. A Joule is an international unit of measure for work or power over time. Some manufacturers provide Joules for comparison purposes, but many still do not.
We searched trucking forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, consumer sites, social media, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated heavy-duty jump starter.
Take a look at our choice and see if this 22,500 Jules for 3 seconds heavy-duty truck jump starter is the best battery booster for your truck!
The NOCO Company is already a respected producer of premium consumer battery chargers, jump starters, solar panels, and portable power devices. Their NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter is part of their new world-class offerings that have effectively set the new standard in design, performance, and safety. It features 22,500 Joules for 3 seconds of truck starting power from a 4,000-Amp power bank that is capable of starting gasoline and diesel engines up to 10 Liters and more. It delivers 3X the power of a comparable lead-acid model in a package that is 2X smaller and lighter. It has unquestioned staying power being able to start your truck up to 80 times on a single charge and can hold its charge for up to one year before needing to be topped up. It has a unique integrated voltmeter that can tell you if your system has another problem instead of the dead battery you think you have. This model’s power bank can also charge your portable electronic devices through a single 2.1-amp USB charging port, so they will always be available. Its patented safety technology includes spark-proof connections and protection against reverse polarity. The integrated, ultra-bright 10X LED flashlight delivers a bright 500 lumens and has seven light modes for emergencies. Useful for more than just trucks, it is safe to use on any size engine including those in boats, cars, SUVs, RVs, hot rods, classic cars, tractors, heavy equipment, commercial vehicles, and more. Don’t get stranded while on the road, off the road, or at sea. Get this Lithium jump starter instead and keep going strong.
Truck Jump Starter: Features
- Ultra-safe, ultra-compact, rugged, portable, powerful, 4,000 Peak Amps, 22,500 Joules/3 Seconds, Lithium-Ion, 12VDC, truck jump starter for use on gas and diesel engines up to 10 Liters and more
- Can jump start your truck up to 80 times on a single charge, is rated for over 1,000 charge cycles, and holds its charge for up to one year
- XGC Rapid charge technology charges the GB150 in just over three hours from your truck’s 12VDC power port and can go from zero charge to jump starting in just 15 minutes
- 80 Wh power bank provides the power for up to 12 smartphone recharges through its 2.1A USB charging port plus power for tire pumps, inverters, lights, and more through its 12VDC auxiliary power port
- Portable, hand-held design delivers incredible power in a compact-sized jump box that is small enough to store conveniently in a center console, trunk, or toolbox
- Patented safety technology includes spark-proof connection technology as well as protection against reverse polarity as well as protection against overcharging, overcurrent, open circuits, and overheating
- Simple and easy to understand user interface uses LED status indicators to display the internal Lithium battery’s charge level and charging status while error indicators show a reverse polarity situation or an over-temperature condition
- Integrated 12.1VDC voltmeter reads the voltage of your truck’s battery tells you if you may have other electrical system problems besides a dead battery
- Manual override available for deeply discharged batteries
- Its integrated high-output ultra-bright 500 lumens 10X LED flashlight has seven light modes including SOS and emergency strobing and provide a powerful wash light that will help you see your engine, change a tire at night, or even warn oncoming traffic that you need roadside assistance
- 1-Year hassle-free limited warranty and free lifetime customer support
- 1 – Set heavy-duty battery clamps
- 1 – Micro USB charging cable
- 1 – XGC 12VDC male adapter
- 1 – XGC 12VDC female adapter
- 1 – XGC extension cable
- 1 – Microfiber protective storage bag
- Powerful, compact, lightweight, and highly portable
- Durable, high-quality construction and materials
- Reliable jump starting power
- Will start just about any vehicle’s engine
- Microfiber bag does not offer much protection
- Cables are short
Truck Jump Starter
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this heavy-duty battery booster? Which professional jump pack are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A truck jump starter is one that has the power to start larger gas and diesel engines in an emergency. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right truck jump starter for your needs!